Overview - Contact Energy Condenser Refurbishment
Industrial Site Services was contracted to provide confined space and emergency rescue teams for this project, which was executed in collaboration with Toshiba. The task at hand was to completely strip down the condenser and rebuild it.
- Rewriting CEL format safe work method statements for confined space.
- Confined space and fire watch on CEL general plant
- Confined space on separator entry, scrubbers entry, manhole entry, steam pipe entry and in the steam fields.
- Supply all the equipment for confined space, gas detectors, tripods and rescue rope systems.
- Supply breathing apparatus and stretcher systems for Emergency Rescue Team (ERT).
- Simulate rescue scenarios at heights and out of the condensers.
- Zero injuries or emergencies, thus resulting in no LTIs
- 100% safe confined space entries for all shutdown entries
- Successful documentation of the entire operation
- The ERT was the longest run component of the project on the site.
- Collaborating with a multitude of companies on site
- Individual safety awards for the team members.