Ti Rakau Bridge
ISS was commissioned to install the cable supports which run the cables through the Ti Rakau Bridge. This was a critical part of a $415 million North Auckland and Northland grid upgrade project. Scaffold was established by building off a 40-foot barge, which enabled ISS scaffolders to cantilever off each pier and create a scaffold that was later nominated for a SARNZ award.
12.5 tonnes of steel was fabricated and erected by ISS engineers and riggers which enabled 3x220kv cables to run along the top of beams which were fully fenced and secured. The project was completed in approximately 8 months and required 10,325 man hours.
- On-site and off-site fabrication
- Design consult
- Barge works
- Main contractor supervision
- Scaffold designed and built by Industrial Site Services
- SARNZ 2013 nominated Scaold of the Year
- Round the clock shift work at critical times to meet client’s needs
- Emergency rescue drills completed on site and without incident